Since 2000, Fing (the Next Generation Internet Foundation) has been generating, detecting and sharing new and actionable ideas to anticipate digital transformations. We are a think and do tank devoted to collective reflection, foresight and experimentation. As part of our evolution, we are seeking a new Delegate-General who can move us in new directions.
Your mission : guide our ambitions
Fing has been at the forefront of innovation for 15 years. By researching, observing and experimenting with competitive developments across the innovation landscape – like those brought about through novel uses of the Internet – we anticipate future changes. To move Fing to the next level, the new Delegate-General will be expected to both anchor Fing in this context, and redirect or reaffirm its ongoing efforts.
The Delegate-General will :
- Safeguard Fing’s core objectives and values ;
- Define and promote a strong new vision for Fing’s future – bearing in mind the topics we are already involved with ;
- Forge new partnerships and develop new projects – both in France and abroad ;
- Direct Fing’s reflections, actions and prospections in close collaboration with team members, partners, the members of our network and our Board of Directors ; and
- Develop the internal capabilities needed to realise that vision, ensure its consistency, and enhance the overall impact of the work we do.
Beyond defining and directing Fing’s mission, the Delegate-General has two main responsibilities :
- Administration :
Coordinate among the bodies of the association, and implement decisions ;
Ensure financial, legal and administrative accountability ;
Drive human resource development ;
Facilitate association development (search for new funding sources, establish relationships with high-level partners) ;
Represent Fing among institutions.
- Leadership and coordination :
Lead a team of 15 people experienced at working in project mode ;
Coordinate cross-cutting project efforts (communications, events, publications…)
Define and co-construct Fing’s yearly action plan (new topics) together with the team and association bodies (Board of Directors, etc.), and other stakeholders.
This position is full-time, based in Paris. The level of annual compensation is €60-65K gross, and shall not exceed 3 times the lowest salary earned by a team member.
The position is open to candidates from the research and not-for-profit sectors, the business world, the government, large corporations…
The candidate must :
- Have considerable experience – especially with project and team management ;
- Possess thorough knowledge of digital technologies, and be familiar with the digital ecosystem of which Fing is part – previous experience with prospecting and creative methods is desirable ; and
- Be perfectly bilingual (French/English).
How to apply
Candidates are invited to send a CV and a project brief which addresses the following questions : Why is Fing important ? What kind of Fing do I want ? Where would I take it and how would we get there together ? How will my profile change the evolution of Fing ?
The project brief should propose an evolution in Fing’s direction that respects our values and goals while leveraging the impact of our work.
An example of your writing – be it publication excerpt, article or op-ed piece – would be appreciated.
The application deadline is 30 September 2016.
Please send your application documents to : firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruitment process will run until December 2016 :
October : oral presentations by pre-selected candidates
November : final oral presentations
December : final candidate selection
The Fing team and members of the Board are committed to respecting the privacy of candidates and the integrity of the recruitment process. We are available to help candidates better understand what is at stake, and thus more clearly define their individual project proposals.