Fing creates, detects and shares novel and actionable ideas to anticipate digital transformations.
Since 2000, Fing has built a new kind of think tank, whose efforts are widely recognized throughout Europe and beyond. Fing helps businesses, public sector institutions and local communities to :
- Anticipate changes inspired by technology and its uses,
- Open up their innovation processes.
Fing is a nonprofit organization based in Paris, France. Its 300+ members include large corporations as well as start-ups, research labs, public entities, universities, trade associations…
Download a 2-slides presentation of Fing’s 2012 portfolio >>
A selection of themes and papers
- Foresight : The "Digital Disruptions" yearly cycle and publication :
- Lift France, a major international conference : 2010 / 2011 / 2012
- Recent research activities :
3 activities towards disruptive and open innovation
- Ideas : Together with its members and innovators from around the world, Fing explores new continents of innovation. It identifies and produces strong, fertile ideas. It raises tomorrow’s major issues and helps tackle them. It gives new directions for action.
Its online publication Internet Actu, with partnerships such as Le Monde, is France's most powerful media on emerging digital innovation and uses.
Among Fing’s recent productions : Digital privacy revisited ; New directions for online Trust ; Aging Lab ; Cities 2.0 ; Digital habita[n]ts ; Reinventing money and alternative currencies…
- Innovation Platforms : Fing devises, supports, and unifies platforms that facilitate experimentation and open exchange. It helps innovators of all shapes and sizes to collaborate effectively, through the application of creative methodologies.
Fing leads concrete, proactive projects in favor of more open and shared forms of innovation. In 2011, these projects follow 3 lines : Open Data ; Cities as open innovation platforms ; Fab Labs.
- Project Accelerators : Fing promotes and networks innovative projects and those who lead them. It supports or contributes to the emergence of transformative projects.
Through these efforts, notably the "Crossroads of the Possible", it showcases more than 150 innovative projects per year. Fing is also involved in the experimentation of innovative projects, such as the “Green Watch” project on distributed environmental monitoring.
A powerful network
- In France, Fing has drawn together and works with a truly singular network of large businesses, startups, media, research labs, universities, designers, local communities and public sector organizations.
- Globally, the annual Lift conference, as well as its strong European presence, place Fing at the heart of a dense and active network.
Daniel Kaplan (founder and CEO) introduces you with Fing