In partnership with Blue Orange, the investment fund dedicated to new waste and water technologies and the Innovation division of SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT, Fing is organising the first Crossroads of the Possible on the environment-related professions.
CALL FOR PROJECTS 2012
If you have an innovative digital project on the environmental-related professions, we invite you to present it at the first Crossroads of the Possible of SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT organised by Fing.
After an examination of your application portfolio, followed by a presentation meeting for thirty or so candidates during a pre-selection briefing, ten projects will be selected and benefit from a scripting workshop. The project directors will have the opportunity to showcase their innovation in front of a selected audience from amongst the SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT decision makers and then to meet them in a creative and convivial setting.
Please note : deadline for applications is monday 24th September 2012
What sorts of projects are expected ?
The initial use of projects concerned by this call does not have to be directly concerned with the environment, but the scenario presented during this event must still demonstrate a use related to the environment and the following themes.
Four themes are expected :
- Information and communication technologies applied to the environment (water, waste, air, soil …)
- Online services applied to the environment (water, waste, air, soil …) for individuals, industrialists or communities using smart technologies
- Environmental surveillance devices (probes, systems or sensors), enabling the detection of pollution, products or consequences.
- The application of robots in the environmental-related professions (water, waste, air, soil…)
The call for candidates is open to all natural and legal persons (businesses, associations, networks, individuals, designers, …).
- until Thursday 20th September 2012 : applications
- week of 1st October 2012 (date to be confirmed) : joint pre-selection briefing (morning or afternoon),
- week of 8th October 2012 : selection of 10 chosen projects,
- week of 8th October 2012 : introduction to the experts of SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT for sponsorship purposes
- until 5th November 2012 : finalisation of presentations in script form,
- 8th November 2012 : presentation of scripted projects.
What can be gained from your application ?
Blue Orange has 3 assets : access to an international network of researchers and scientists at the cutting edge of water and waste technologies, the commercial and industrial exposure offered by the activities of the SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT Group in the majority of the world’s regions, and access to the R&D programmes of the Group (€74m devoted in 2011).
Even before selection, you will be able to benefit from your application by gaining visibility within SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT and Fing’s networks. Moreover, from the briefing stage onwards you will be able meet other project directors likely to develop an interactive relationship with your project.
But it is also :
- a good exercise in “use” directed communication (written, oral and multimedia),
- an opportunity to benefit from the feedback of users and potential partners,
- to widen your network of high quality contacts,
- to get better known amongst key players,
- to have access to the possibility for experimentation.